Sunday, September 7, 2008

Pleasant Surprise































You're having one of those really wrotten days and something comes up that makes you forget it all? Naah that didnt happen with me but usually things like these happen on days like that!

Anyway.. So i was having a perfectly awesome day after having beat up my boss in a duel (He's crazy. Keeps playing pranks and a big time trouble maker- Thinks he's 20!) and getting an amazing bike ride at a soaring speed to a place halfway close to my home after which I get to wait for an auto driver who would be willing to take me back home! Chivalry is not even a topic to be discussed. I hate the whole ordeal haggling with the guy, giving him exact directions to where you want to reach- missing out three other auto's in the process, only to get him stating a rate which would make you want to jump into a reality gaming program and slit his throat in half! (Letting my emotions not take control of me..moving on) So i finally found this really old auto driver who was probably older than my grandfather to say We'll go by the meter and you can go wherever you want! -In hindi ofcourse. Aah a sigh of relief...! Though i must say the speed at which we were moving id rather have walked! Nevertheless it was nice and smooth all the way..

My attention keept turning to uncle's face. It seemed vaguely familiar with a slight resemblance to a pixie and well Dev Anand. And pushing this thought aside wasn't really the easiest thing to do ergo- my random burst of auto pictures. Ofcourse none of them came out right- what do you expect with a camera phone and delhi roads?

At the end of the journey i couldn't keep it in any longer- I don't know what went through me but I didn't hesistate to give uncle double the price that was displayed on the rickety meter.

The conversation- translated thereon-
Me: Please keep this
Uncle (U): Why?
Me: Coz you were the first to get me home at a terribly reasonable rate and you didn't hesitate to get me here either!
U: This is awfully generous of you! But i don't want to accept it. I just did my job
Me: At this point my stone heart had melted soo much that I half considered taking him to dinner or giving him a bigger note (which sadly of all the days I wasn't carrying) I just could muster a meek : Please keep this, its the least I could do for you today.
U:Little girl, you've made me so happy today. Please do tell what may I do for you?
Me: (Jumping at the opportunity) How about you striking a pose for me? Your face bears an essence of familiarity I would love to capture.
U: This is nothing! In my youth I was the Dev Anand lookalike! (No kidding!!!!)
Me: No kidding!!!

Anyway what followed through was half an hour of both of us singing to old hindi numbers and him reliving his childhood days! Aah what fun! I think I'll start traveling by public transport more often.. There are very interesting people to meet I say!
Later when I'm not too tired sitting in front of the computer screen I'll re-write this a bit (maybe!) with more details......

Hail Mr. V.K. Sharma! I drink to you today before i sleep :)